Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bouncy House Fun

On Saturday, we ventured out to visit Grandma and Grandpa in their new digs in Lacey and had a nice time visiting with them and then going to lunch and then to Safari Charlie's for a little bouncy house fun. The twins were nearly ready for their naps when we arrived, but mustered up some energy for the fun at hand. Caleb was the first to tire out though and came over to Grandpa for hugs and a little sitting down time for a bit before he went climbing and jumping again.
Josiah was able to go on the bigger boy structures as well as play in the 1-5 year old area. It was hard to catch him in action as he was running from place to place having a blast. He waved at me from up high in one of the play areas and he had a friend with him that waved at me too. Later I asked him, "What was your friend's name?" He told me he didn't know and then asked him if he told him his name. He replied, "I told him, but he didn't call me that, he just called me dude." I then asked when he called him and he said, "I just said...Hey!" Not too different from adult male interaction I hazard a guess?

Daniel is giving me a funny expression here that reminds me of his best pirate impression, "Where do pirates get their gasoline?" ......"Rrrrrrrr-co!" :)


Caleb was gleefully climbing and running around, but I found him on a couple of occasions crashed out and laying on the little mat areas ready for sleep as well. In the big jumpy area, there was this ladder that led to a slide that then had various obstacles that then led to another ladder and slide which led back into the main area. When you got in this other area, you were cut off from seeing anyone in the main area until you made it through to the other side. Caleb bravely tackled the ladder first and slid down only to discover he was trapped over there without us and called for me. I went back there to rescue him and by that point he was a little scared. He wouldn't climb the 2nd ladder and wanted me to carry him, which didn't work well and I could barely get him up and fell a couple of times in the process. Then in the meantime, Daniel tried to follow me into that area to find me and then HE was all upset because he was trapped. UGH! So then I went to rescue him and then Caleb climbed the ladder again and they were BOTH back there with me. Twins! Troublesome Trucks! Thankfully, Daniel WOULD climb up the other side and it was easier to get Caleb up the 2nd time. Following that, they stayed in the main area!


The twins had the most fun on the non-bouncy house climbing/sliding area. They climbed up that structure countless times and slid down the slide with great delight. At the very end of the time at the Safari Charlie's, Daniel injured his knee somehow and was limping around. I was afraid it was really badly hurt at first as he kept collapsing when he walked, but as it turned out he was fine (THANKFULLY!) This of course was good because I forgot to post (no pictures) that Caleb had an injury this last Wednesday while Josiah and I were at Awana. Daddy and he were playing a tickling game and Caleb came over to tickle Daddy in the chair and Daddy grabbed his arm to catch and tickle him, but he jerked away just as Daddy grabbed him and there was a ligament in his elbow that got pulled out of place over the bone (called nursemaid's elbow). The injury did not swell, so at first David thought he was OK until later he was still holding onto it and wouldn't move it at all due to the pain. As it turns out, at the E.R. (after an ambulance ride...that is ride number #2 for him for those who are counting) the doctor popped it right back into place and within minutes he was using it properly again with no pain. Amazing! Have you ever heard of a severely painful injury that has a quick fix? Wow! We were thankful!

No comments: