Saturday, August 20, 2005

G-ma & G-pa's 60th Wedding Anniversary

My Grandma and Grandpa (my mom's parents) had their 60th anniversary celebration today. We met in Cheney at my Aunt Genny's church and all the relatives from my mom's immediate family were there along with their children.
We sang some of G-ma and G-pa's favorite hymns as a group and my Dad did some commentary between each song.
I played my flute for G-ma (as I knew she would like to hear it) and my Aunt Debby accompanied me. We played "His Eye is on the Sparrow" and then 2 classical selections, one by Bach and the other by Faure.
Everyone was thrilled to see little Josiah and it was nice to see them all as well. Only my cousin Karla was unable to attend and we missed seeing her.

One funny note...on one of the songs there was a part for a baritone singer and soprano (as it was written as a duet rather than a chorus) and my Dad was "directing" all of us as to when to sing, which is really funny because everyone in the room knows how to read music.

No comments: