Sunday, August 21, 2005

Josiah's Dedication

Today we had little baby Josiah dedicated to the Lord at our church. My family was there including my mom and dad as well as my brother and his girlfriend.
My Dad was given the opportunity to pray for the baby in the service and this what he said,

"Heavenly Father, we thank you so much for David and Heather and for blessing their lives, (and our lives) with their precious baby boy, Josiah. We pray that you will give them the wisdom of Solomon, the courage of David, and the strength of Samson, as they seek, with Your help to raise him up to be a godly man. Thank you for the tremendous potential that Josiah has before him. Lord, God, we lift this child and his parents up to you now, and we pray that you will bless and honor them with the touch of your mighty hand. May your blessings follow Josiah all the days of his life. In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen."

It was a really special moment! I too said a little something about why we picked his name, though I forget now exactly what I said. Something to the effect of that we want Josiah to be a godly man like his namesake and that he might be a light in a generation of unbelievers like King Josiah was also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think once when you were IMing with me (your young cousin)you said that Josiah's name means "fire of the Lord" so it's neat that you shared how you want lil J to be a bright (like fire) example as was biblical King Josiah.
-cuz Suzie