Sunday, February 18, 2007

Captain Organization

One of the fun things I have noticed about Josiah is that he likes to have things organized in his own way. His latest example of this is that he likes to line his trucks and cars up on the window sill. I find that if he wants my attention, he will start throwing things all over the room, so I will be tempted to come and pick them up and then in turn play with him! Then he sometimes helps me put them back where they belong. He is also a good helper when it comes to putting the wet clothes in the dryer! In the bath tub, he helps me put his bath toys away also.
And as a side note, some of the fun things he does lately is as follows. Whenever we rock in the rocking chair, he says "wracko, wracko, wracko" and moves forward and backward. He is of course trying to say "rocking" as I usually say, "rocking chair, rocking chair" as we move back and forth. He is also recognizing letters much more readily. We were watching Sesame Street today and they were going over all the letters one by one slowly. He tried to pronounce most all of them after the person on TV said them! Some of them he got just right! And he seems to recognize A, B, C, D, E, I, O, P, R, & Y when we see them in books. We have a very smart pumpkin head!

No comments: