Friday, July 03, 2009

Visit with Great Grandma Walker

It has become a bit of a tradition the past two years now for my Grandma Walker to come visit all of us for the weekend of July 4th. Last year, Grandpa Walker came too, but it was just too hard for him to travel again this year, so he stayed behind at the nursing home. This was our first visit with Grandma at Shari's and she was just thrilled to see all the little ones. At first, Josiah said, "I'm shy of Great Grandma and hid under the table." But the next day, after we spent some time at the zoo with her, he told me in the car, "I'm not shy of Great Grandma anymore." It was nice to see my Grandma again as it seems we never really get over to Eastern Washington much anymore with all these kiddos. Thanks for visiting Grandma it was really great to see you!!

Here is Josiah showing Great Grandma and Grandma how he can ride his bike. He does a really good job now and insists on always wearing his helmet and "lily pads" AKA elbow pads each time. Safety first, right? :)

As an outing together, we all went to the Pt. Defiance Zoo. My mom too this picture of the boys and I looking at the sharks. This was neat for them because the tank was right at their level for them to watch and they enjoyed looking at all the large fish and sharks in the tank.

My mom took Josiah in to see the new Budgie Buddies exhibit and as you can see he got to hold one as well.

Here is another shot my mom took of all of us together. The twins would not look at the camera, but oh well. Overall we had a lot of fun, but it was a lot of walking with two strollers for sure. Great Grandma was a trooper and despite some hip pain she kept up with us on some of the steeper hills and such. Afterward, we went to Dairy Queen, but as I suspected the babies fell asleep almost immediately upon being put in their carseats. So my mom ordered me food and I sat in the car with the babes parked in the shade. It worked out just fine and I was glad they got a bit of a nap on the way home!

No comments: