Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Performing for SMTA

Today I performed the Fantasie Pastorale Hongrosie by Doppler on my flute for the Spokane Music Teacher's Association meeting. My friend Ann accompanied me on the piano. I had committed to do this last spring when I was pregnant and did most of my practicing then and just a little touch up work after the baby was born. I had performed this piece in college, so it was just a matter of reviewing it for this performance.

It was a good experience for me to get out there and perform again. It wasn't as intimidating either because most of the people there were piano teachers and weren't familiar with the piece. A couple of the teachers also teach flute though and did know the piece and I think they enjoyed hearing it.

The Spokane Music Teachers Association (http://www.midilab.com/smta/default.asp) has been a good resource for me. I have met a lot of nice people and have picked up some new tricks and techniques for teaching the piano along the way.

No comments: