Friday, November 11, 2005

Visiting Mara's Family

Mara came over for a visit for a couple of days and we went to see her parents who were in Coure d'Alene, ID for a craft show. They live in Tacoma, so it was kind of neat that while Mara was here on the east side of the state that she got to visit with her folks.

Mara is a thrift store shopping genius and brought me a whole bunch of clothes that she got for a buck each and now I have LOTS more clothes to choose from. I had been lamenting the fact that I don't fit in most of my old clothes now after the baby and Mara took pity on me and found some that work! Thank you Mara for all the lovely clothes! She has been such a WONDERFUL friend to me and I am truly thankful to have known her all these years!

I was thinking...wouldn't it be nice if someone designed clothes for women AFTER pregnancy? It seems that the maternity clothes are too big and make you look frumpy, but you still need a little extra room in the hips and stomach areas as well as the bust if you are breast feeding. Maybe noone has done it because most people just buy bigger sizes to compensate for a while? Anyway, to someone out there that designs clothes, that is my request!

A funny thing happened when I was out with Mara today. I tried to feed baby J in the car and instead of feeding he got started, but then stopped and kept giggling at me. He got Mara and I cracking up in the car and I got the bulk of his milk meal on my lap. He is a very silly baby and we had fun with him today, but later in the evening since his routine was somewhat altered, he had a hard time getting to sleep. We managed it though and he got back on track pretty quick!

No comments: