Thursday, August 03, 2006

Future Hall of Famer

We (my Mom and I) just took Josiah to get his one-year photos done at Walmart yesterday and this was one of the cute photos we got of him. He was moving the glove at the time of the photo, so the glove and his other hand are a little blurry, but other than that I thought it was really cute. Right after this photo he threw the mitt on the floor. We have a couple of other shots that turned out great too. We are getting the picture packages back at the end of August. I can send some of the shots through email though if you would like to see them, just let me know. We can send them via email, we are just not supposed to print them out is what the lady told us.

Today, I took Josiah to the SuperMall and took him on the Carousel. I strapped him onto a horsey and held on to him as well as we went round and round and up and down. I could tell he was actually scared of the whole experience as he was shaking a bit. He is like that with new things I have found. I am sure that next time we do it though he will be all smiles as the Carousel will then be old hat for him! I also had him ride in one of those kiddie cars that rock back and forth. He liked that a lot and honked the horn many times. The most fun he had though was playing in the play area there at the mall. There were lots of kids there and they have these gigantic replicas of breakfast foods for them to crawl and climb over. There is a big bowl of cereal with blueberries, a banana (both whole and cut up), two eggs sunny side up, and two pieces of bacon. Josiah likes to climb the bacon like the big kids. However, his favorite pastime is to welcome the newcomers to the play area by either inspecting their strollers or trying to steal one of their toys. It is pretty funny really. He tried to steal some balloons, a pair of glasses, & a water bottle today. He also plays this game of running out of the play area where Mommy has to chase him, catch him, and bring him back. They don't have a gate there for some reason, so I think I had to get him around 10 times as we "played" there.

We went to the mall with a new friend of mine named Carrie (from our new church) and she bought him a balloon, which was VERY popular! I tried to pry it out of his hands before we went on the Carousel, but he refused to let me take it from him. He kept his death grip on the balloon for most of the ride until I got tired of it bonking me in the head and took it when he was distracted. Then he grabbed onto the pole of the horse for more support. I had a lot of fun chatting with Carrie at the mall today and am glad to have a new friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I hope he won't be so scared of the carousel next time. I am glad that you made a new friend, that's great! I hope to see you soon! I miss you very much! I will tell you when we start in Mary's class. Goodbye!

Hailey