Friday, June 25, 2010

Naomi's 4-month Update

Today, our sweet Naomi Joy turned 4 months!! It is hard to believe it has only been 4 months with our little precious one, but indeed it has! She has turned out to be such an easy-going baby compared the other kiddos. She does cry and have her moments, but she is soothed very easily either by face time, being held, or pacifier. She sleeps from 10pm until 5am most every night and in the morning she doesn't even really cry to wake me up, but rather makes these restless noises that stir me awake to go and feed her. I would like to add here though that when I unwrap her from the swaddle I make sure she can eat right quick otherwise she does break out the loud tomato-head cry! She loves to be wrapped up tight in a swaddle blanket at night for bedtime and she lays on the reflux pillow (a 45 degree angle pillow with velcro straps to keep her positioned without falling). This is her preferred method for sleeping well we have found! I really don't think she has reflux, but have decided that I am not going to mess with a good thing, since it is working so well for her right now!

She still gives us many funny faces and expressions when we converse with her. She has the cutest little sounds and she tries so desparately to talk to us! She also is very active when she is awake and loves to kick her feet, move her arms, and try to sit up. When I lay her on the bed to feed her, she either scoots closer to me or rolls to her side, but we haven't seen her do a full roll over yet either way. The doctor told me she thinks she will do it soon though. This picture above is so funny 'cause it reminds me of how easily she is startled by loud noises. And actually, she is OK with lots of noise that is going on and on, but it is more like if it is quiet and then a sudden loud sound, then she is startled. She and Mommy are a lot alike in this way. A common scene around here is me lost in thought doing something and David coming to wherever I am in stealth mode and he will say something and I pretty much hit the roof! He "thinks" he is loud enough as he walks in but most always I never notice until he scares me half to death. And then Captain Wordsmith usually says something like, "Well at least you were only scared 'half" to death this time!" Ha ha ha....very funny honey!

So here is Miss Naomi working on some tummy time at the doctor's office. You can see that this is serious business! She weighed in today at 13 pounds even and is now approaching the 50th percentile in weight! Yeah for progress! As for height, she is 24 3/4 inches tall, a whole inch taller than her 2 month check-up! She is right on the 75th percentile for height. Her head circumference was 16 1/2 inches, which is also the 75th percentile. She apparently wants to have a big head like her brothers do! The doctor was very pleased with her progress and didn't have any concerns, so that was good. She got her shots today and as usual that was quite unpopular. The nurse might have nicked a capillary and for a bit there was a little more blood than I would like to see coming out of our Tomatohead, but it quickly stopped when pressure was applied. It took a while to calm her down after that though and later her legs were a little sore, but she made it through!

3 comments:

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

so pretty! aren't you just loving getting to do the girly stuff?

Missy said...

She is so stinking cute. I cannot believe it has already been 4 months! I just love those precious facial expressions.

Daniel and Natalie said...

She's adorable! Good growing Naomi!