Friday, January 18, 2008

Gaining Weight!

We went to the doctor yesterday and the report is that she is VERY pleased with their progress! I tried to get a picture of the boys both awake and looking at the camera, but that wasn't to be this time! Instead we get a nice shot of Caleb's face and Daniel showing us his typical flailing stance with eyes closed.

When we got ready to go the doctor's office, we noticed that Daniel seemed to be too big to fit in his car bed, but we crammed him in there anyway (with the buckle at its largest setting). I read the directions on the way to the doctor's office and saw that the length limit is 20 inches and weight limit is 9 pounds. I knew he wasn't 9 pounds, but it was conceivable he was 20 inches, since at the last visit he was 19 inches long. Sure enough, Daniel was 20 inches long and he weighed in at 7 pounds 4 ounces (gain of 8 ounces in 2 weeks). The doctor said that we could move him to the regular infant seat now, and so we think we will. I did call Tacoma General to see if they would test them in the regular seats again and apparently they don't do that now that they are not patients there, and the clinic we go to does not do the test either. We think we will just put them in their seats at some point and watch them to be sure they are breathing OK. Really though, they weigh what normal newborns weigh coming out of the hospital, so I am sure they will be fine.

Here is another attempt to get the boys' picture together. This one shows how Caleb is our little camera hog and Daniel who likes to hide from the camera, just like they posed (or didn't pose as the case may be) for many of their ultrasounds!! The report on Caleb by the way is that he weighs 6 pounds 12 ounces now (a 1 pound 10 ounce gain in 2 weeks) and is 19 inches long (grew 1/2 an inch).


My Dad came over today and eventually took Josiah out for dinner (meeitng Grandma at the restaurant), so David and I could have a quiet moment or two while the babies sleep. Josiah was thrilled to get out of the house too! Before he left though, he got a nice picture of me with my three boys. Yes I know...I am outnumbered! This has been mentioned to me once or twice already! It is a good thing I have always liked boys I guess, right? Hee hee!!

No comments: