Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Green-Eyed Monster Rears It's Ugly Head

So....no picture today as it is hard to catch a shot of the green-eyed monster in action. Yes, little Josiah has been showing some signs of jealously of late and it has taken the form of annoying Mommy in every possible way. And before you say it, I know he is doing this to get my attention because he knows he isn't the center of our world anymore....BUT can I still be annoyed that he pushes me over the edge doing it?

Here is the typical scene around here of late: I am either pumping (which takes a good 30 minutes or so stuck to the machine) or feeding one of the twins and Josiah says, "Want eat," to which I say, "What do you want?" Then he will say something like "fruit snacks" and I will say "Ok, just wait until Mommy is finished." Then a resounding, "Noooooooo," and the continual whining and asking for it again and again after that until I am ready to help him. Oh and the lovely part is when I am actually able to get the fruit snacks he says, "Don't want fruit snacks!" and throws them on the floor. Ugh I say!!

Another one of my favorites is how he takes the cooking utensils out of the cannister on the stove and runs around the house waving them around. Usually he ends up hitting Echo (our dog) with them and then he ends up in his room for hitting people/animals with utensils.

Though Josiah is learning to obey better, he is also testing his limits. When we tell him to stop doing something or not to do something he will say, "No," and so we have been working with him to stop that and say either "Yes ma'am," or "Yes sir" depending. We don't want him to get in the habit of saying "no" to our requests. It has been working little by little, but he still doesn't quite get it.

Overall though I have been praying for patience in dealing with him as it has been wearing on me to care for all three boys at once. My hardest time is early mornings (around 6am) when I am due to feed the twins and Josiah typically wakes up right around the same time. This is when I am most tired and not in the mood to deal with the green-eyed monster. If any of you are up that early, please say a prayer for my sanity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! Well, hang in there dear! By God's grace, I know you'll make it through. I will continue to pray for your strength, patience, and sanity. I wish you still lived close enough that I could spell you every once in a while or take Josiah for a playdate. It's nice that you have family to help, though. I will remember you daily, and know that if anyone can do it, it's you!