Monday, January 25, 2010

Then & Now....

When I first got married to David, I stopped working full time and decided to take up some hobbies, one of which was crocheting. As I mentioned in a previous post, my Grandma Betty introduced the art of crochet to me years ago, but I took it up more seriously about 6 years ago. My first attempt at an afghan was less that perfect of course! On the left you see how loose and LARGE my panels were for this afghan, and after pulling one of the panels apart and redo-ing it, you can see on the right how much I have improved over the years! This is I am sure what it was supposed to look like in the first place, and so I am having fun fixing my first big project. After I am finished, I am giving it to a friend who said she would take it off my hands afterward. It is fun to have a new project to do and it is nice to "recycle" my old yard to do it as well. This old, full of holes aghan will now be new and will no longer be collecting dust in our hall closet!

No comments: