Friday, January 02, 2009

Josiah Sayings and Snow Fun

It snowed again today, and before the snow melted Josiah wanted to go outside and try out the sled that Grandma brought over. I tried not to ruin his fun in telling him that the hill in our backyard wouldn't work for sledding, but let him figure that out on his own. You can see the "disappointed sledder" look here and also when he is sitting on the sled below. He had some alternative fun though by romping around in the snow with Echo (our dog).

One of Josiah's funny sayings of late went something like this:

Josiah: When I...when I'm big, when I grow up...I want to fix things.
Mommy: What do you want to fix?
Josiah: Cars. (big smile)
Mommy: Oh, well when you fix cars that is called being a mechanic.
Josiah: (even bigger smile) I going to be a 'chanic!
And later that day when we were watching Toy Story and Buzz was wanting to find a space ship...
Josiah: I wish to go to the moon.
Mommy: Oh then you might want to be an astronaut someday and go to the moon in a rocket ship.
Josiah: Yes, I wish to be an astronaut.
Mommy: I thought you wanted to be a mechanic?
Josiah: I want to be a 'chanic AND an astronaut.
Mommy: Maybe you could fix space ships and rockets instead.
Josiah: YEAH!!

I discovered something interesting about Josiah here recently also. He seems to learn things better and is more cooperative to learn things when he is busy doing something else. Perhaps he has inherited the skill of multi-tasking from his Mommy and Daddy? Anyway, I think it has more to do with the fact that he doesn't like to be singled out and likes to do things "shoulder to shoulder" and feels more comfortable that way. So I was able to work with him on 3 different Awana verses last night while he was playing with his Legos and he very easily and quickly memorized them without much effort on either of our parts. I even used the Legos to help him remember one of them. The verse was "Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight paths for Him" (they paraphrase a bit for the little ones) and I took the Legos and made a straight path for his Lego trucks and cars to go through and we repeated the verse. Then today he was playing with his Legos and he started shouting something which I couldn't understand about 4 or 5 times. I finally discovered that he was shouting, "Prepare the way!" and was moving his cars and trucks through the path we made. It was very cute!

No comments: