Saturday, August 02, 2008

Cute Babies!!


Here is a sweet picture of our Daniel boy. My friend Janeen gave us these orange and red outfits the babies are wearing. At first, I thought they would be too big, but then I put them on them and they were just right! It is funny how to me the next size of clothes always looks SO big until I put them on the babies! It was soon after I discovered they fit into these 12-month clothes that I switched out all their 6-9 month wardrobe with the 12-month wardrobe. Thankfully, we saved all of Josiah's clothes and also received a lot of hand-me-downs from another little boy recently (thank you Mary and Grandma Carpenter) so we have LOTS of clothes to choose from for the boys and haven't had to buy any new clothes for them yet!

This is a good shot of Caleb boy's eyes. They are a darker blue than Daniel's we think. We also think that his eyes have the same shape as mine, though my mom tells me that mine were bigger as a baby. Perhaps I will have to drum up an old baby photo from my Mom to compare. I am sure she will be glad to oblige and will likely have them here the next time she comes. She is still a very proud Momma of her kiddos too! I remember when I first had Josiah, she and my Dad came to the hospital and she brought my baby book and wanted to reminisce with me while I was in labor. Let's just say I wasn't so concerned with things I said as a child at that point. Ha ha ha! It was really sweet though. She was very excited for her first grandson to be born for sure!

My friend Melissa had her baby in May and so our youngest kiddos are very close in age. This is Miss Katie and she is just a little over 2 months in these photos. In the first one, you can see that the boys have their hands in their mouths...clearly nervous around their first little girlfriend I think!

Then for the second photo, I managed to get their hands out of their mouths for some smiles. I call this series of photos the "Carpenter Boy Sandwich" for obvious reasons. It is fun that Melissa and I are going through some of the same things as our little ones grow and progress.

No comments: