Thursday, August 21, 2008

School Days for Josiah...

David and I made the decision here recently to send Josiah to a 2-day a week preschool that is just down the road from our home. He will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11:30 (this actually equals two breaks for Mommy a week too). And wait, can I call it a break when I am still watching the twins? Anyway, it will be a nice opportunity to play with the twins without fear of older brother interruptions.

We took him tonight to the parent orientation (which incidentally we found out was only for parents, but we brought the whole clan) and he got to meet his teacher and see his classroom. I could tell he was SO excited! There were a couple of other kids there and he proceeded to tell them his name and ask theirs (reminiscent of a certain person who as a little girl used to pronounce to all who would listen her full name and sometimes address and phonenumber). There was a very large rug with the alphabet printed in big letters around it. He ran around the rug singing, "A, B, C, D, E, F, G, I love my letters SOOO much!" It was too funny! When we had to leave he got a big pouty lip and did his "I don't want to go" mantra. We conversed with another mom in the parking lot and joked how usually it is the other way around with most kids, that they cry to be left. Oh no, not us....people just look at us funny like we are abducting a strange child or something. I have the feeling our little Josiah is going to like preschool!

My only concern is that they require them to be fully potty trained and technically he IS now, but I still have to help him with certain wiping techniques (if you know what I mean) and sometimes getting his pants AND underwear up to the proper height. Ahhh...well...we do have a little more time left until he starts (Sept. 2nd) so you can pray that he can learn to do the entire #2 process without adult assistance by then, OK?

No comments: