Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Josiah-isms Continued...

Meet Josiah's new friends, Tren-con-conk (left) and Ponxsees (right). And yes he came up with those lovely names out of the blue and even repeated them when we asked him to name them again. Not sure where he gets this odd dialect for naming things, but it sure is funny!

The other day I had this conversation with him:
Josiah: I want bony mama!
Me: Bony? What is that?
Josiah: I want bony mama, bony, BONY!!
Me: You are going to have to show me sweetheart, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Josiah: (in a super whiny voice now) Bony, bony, mama please!
Me: Do you want to ride the pony? (offering my lap for a pony ride)
Josiah: NO! Bony!!! Want eat!
Me: OH! BA-LOH-NEE?
Josiah: Yeah!!!
Me: I would be glad to get some bologna for you!

We were watching Ni-Hao Kailan on Nick Jr. and Kailan was asking a bunch of kids the question, "What makes you happy?" and then Josiah said, "What makes me happy?" and looked at me. I said, "I don't know, what makes you happy Josiah?" and he ran over to me and said, "Momma does!" and gave me a hug. That was enough to melt my heart for the day! Such a sweet little boy!

No comments: