Sunday, June 15, 2008

Two Heads Are Better Than One

OK folks, in previous posts I have been mentioning how I have been trying to get the boys to sleep flat in their cribs (instead of in their car seats) and have had mixed luck with achieving that goal. A few posts back, I had some success, but then they got sick again and I caved to propping them up in the car seats. Last night, I bit the bullet and made them lay flat all night. This worked...sort of. Caleb awoke at around 1:30 crying really loud. I went in and he was fine, but seemed rather warm. I had turned up the space heater in the room thinking that without blankets they would need the warmth. If I put a blanket on Caleb when he is flat, he manages somehow to work it up over his face and then he REALLY gets mad!

After calming Caleb down by changing his diaper and rocking him a little, I put him down with a pacifier and turned on the hall light as it seems to help him when we has a bit of a night light. At this point, Daniel was wide awake too, so I decided to stay up for a little in case they didn't go back down. I stayed up until 2:00am and thought it safe to sleep at that point since they were sleeping. Around 2:30 another Caleb waking, but he fell asleep quickly without help from me. Around 3:30 another Caleb waking...ugh...but he fell asleep quickly on his own again. Around 4:30 another Caleb waking and this time I turned off the monitor as my sleep was pretty much shot by this point. I woke up on my own at around 5:45am and though they weren't up yet, I got up and got Caleb's bottle ready and went in to feed them as we have a big day today and need to be on schedule.

We are going up to Bothell to attend the first church we attended as a married couple to celebrate the retirement of the choir director there. We were in choir at Northshore Baptist http://www.nsb.org/ for a year and a half before moving to Spokane. It will be fun to see everyone again and to show off the cute babes!

1 comment:

Mary Janelle said...

Hang in there, Heather! Hopefully it'll get better soon and you'll get longer stretches of sleep. Your boys are getting cuter all the time.