Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Here is a very non-plussed little Josiah as we were leaving for his first day of preschool today. We had been hyping him up for the whole preschool thing and this morning he kept asking, "Is it time to go yet?" and most of the time I responding with, "Nope, we are still getting ready...not time yet!" So he got pretty frustrated in the morning and started pouting and was still in that mood when I took this photo. My silly camera wasn't working, so once again I had to use the camera phone, though I did get a new camera, so these pictures turned out better than the previous camera phone pictures.
I snuck in at the end of the class time today to get a picture of Josiah playing with the floam. For those of you unfamiliar with this product it is this moldable stuff that doesn't leave a mess. It is sort of like playdough in how you use it, but it has an odd consistency and doesn't leave playdough clumps all over the table and floor when you are finished with it.

As for how he did today, the good news is...I wasn't called, which means he probably did pretty well! I asked him what he did and he told me that he played, did a craft, and listened to a story. I am not sure what the story was about exactly, but I did get from him that it might have been about a "new guy." This sounds probable, so I will go with it. Also, when he first got to the room, they had name tags and asked him to find his name and he actually found it without my prompting him to see the "J" and such. That was cool! Overall, I could tell he loved it and he actually came with me without a big fuss afterwards too, which was great! Hopefully, we are passed him chanting the "I don't wanna go," mantra for a while.

No comments: