Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Poor Little Josiah Boy

As mentioned in other posts, we have all had a cold here recently (again)! Josiah seemed to be fine at first, only a runny nose and no other real symptoms. Then last night before bed he said, "Momma I have a fever." Sometimes he just says that even when he isn't sick, so I went to check and sure enough he was warm. I checked his temperature and it was 100.3 last night, so I gave him some Tylenol and some medicine for his runny nose and sent him to bed. Sometime around 4am he came into my room and woke me up. He had apparently gone out to the couch for a bit to lay down and then on his chair (the one pictured here) as when he came into my room he told me that his tummy hurt and that he had thrown up on the chair. This little piece of news got me up really quick of course and thankfully it was an easy clean up and he didn't ruin the chair. The other little fun piece was the the dog got out of my room when he opened the door and she took it upon herself to go poop on the carpet, which WASN'T as easy of a clean up. UGH!! Needless to say, she was exited out into the back yard right quick for a good long time just in case she had some more little "presents" to deposit!

When I took Josiah's temperature again after the lovely clean up time, it was 100.9, so I went to fetch some Tylenol again. Before I left the room, I noticed he looked like he would throw up again so I whisked him off to the bathroom (thankfully in time!) After that last round, he seemed to be feeling much better and so I changed his clothes, gave him the Tylenol, and tucked him back into his bed.

This morning he woke up crying wanting his Daddy (David is in Arizona until Friday). He had a fever again, but this time he wouldn't let me take it insisting that I was going to "poke" him with it? So silly! I have been taking it under his armpit, no big deal, but he was in no mood for thermometers apparently. He has been very lethargic and sleepy and hasn't left his chair here except once to go potty and that is it. Thankfully, no more throwing up, but then again he hasn't had anything to eat either.

Please pray that this new symptom of throwing up won't pass to all of us. Without David here, I really don't think I could function if I got that! Thanks in advance for your prayers. I have really been feeling encouraged this week and know it is because of people praying.

NOTE: I just took his temperature again....102. I am calling the phone nurse now to see what they suggest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are better today, but wow! poor kid.

Hang in there! You're in my thoughts!
-Mara